There are few appliances that have become an integral part of modern kitchens and blender is one of them. People are hard pressed for time and with both partners working, cooking meals standing for long hours in the kitchen is impossible. Eating out every other day is also not a good alternative as it is both unhealthy and unaffordable. To address this problem of having home-made and hygienic food amidst hectic schedules and lack of time, technology introduced various home appliances. These made life easy as preparing healthy and tasty food using these appliances is a quick and easy process.
While there are many appliances available in the market to make your life easy in the kitchen, choosing the right one is of paramount importance. There are many brands, models and variants available that vary both in terms of price as well as features. You might need some help in making the right decision. Otherwise, it can be quite overwhelming to make the right choice.
If you are looking forward to buying an advanced blender grinder to make smoothies, soups, juices etc., here are few features that it must have.
- High Power Motor: The motor used in the appliance should be a high-power one as it makes churning and grinding efficient and effortless. Whether you want to grind dosa batter or make that dry masala for the curry, the high-speed operation ensures that the hardest of ingredients get crushed with utmost finesse and in no time.
- Advanced Safety Feature: You might be juggling with a number of tasks together like looking at a presentation while grinding chutney. Multi-tasking, though a necessity at times, can lead to silly mistakes too. For instance, you might not remember to place a lid on the jar before you press the button. If the grinder doesn’t have the advanced safety feature where the appliance will not start until the lid is properly secured, then you can imagine the splash that would happen. You would be cursing yourself and cleaning it for the next 10 minutes or so.
- Pre-Set Functions: Having pre-set functions where each function is dedicated to a different function like making porridge, milkshake, soup, powder, dosa mix etc. makes your life very easy. You don’t have to think twice and just press that particular option and the work will be done efficiently. You can even delegate your kid or maid to do it as it is very easy and not much expertise is required. If the appliance comes with multispeed options, then you can adjust it as per your requirements.
- LCD Display: This is really an awesome feature that you should look for as it eases the operation. Whatever button you have pressed, the reading is clearly visible on the display and thus the chances of making any mistake are diminished.
- Heating Function: Often, when you use a normal blender, you need to cool down the ingredients before blending. This means that you might have to wait during the cooking process. The advanced blenders come with the option of heating function, which allows you to blend hot stuff too with ease.
- Safe Usage: The appliance should be safe to use. Often, overheating of the motor can cause wear and tear to the machine and shortens its lifespan. The advanced blenders come with both overcurrent and overheating protection. This makes it very safe both for the users as well as for the machine.
Always look for these features before you invest in a high-end blender. The more the useful features integrated in the blender, the higher is its usability. The availability of all these features can make your kitchen chores much easier.