Present era is marked by digitization. Information is stored and shared in bits and bytes, as data. World Wide Web is the IT powerhouse. Gone are the days of physical book keeping as computers do the work for you in a much more convenient way. As everything is stored on a machine and machines may malfunction, it becomes critical to safeguard your data and, adopt necessary measures for data recovery.
Data recovery is a process of retrieving lost or corrupted data from auxiliary storage/ or removable media (optical discs, magnetic disks/ tapes)in case the data stored in them cannot be accessed as per standard operating procedure. You may lose data due to hard drive malfunction, data corruption, accidental file deletion, a power failure or even hacking. So initiate a data recovery process as soon as you identify a data loss. You may hire services of professional experts for data restoration.
Types of Data Recovery Services
Based upon the causes of data loss, you may engage the following expert data recovery services.
- Laptop/ Desktop–You may lose data stored on your machine owing to a physical damage where hardware components get corrupted or logical damages in case software corruption. You may come across instances where your computer is running slow, hard disk drive making a clicking noise or is inaccessible altogether. The reasons for malfunctioning of a laptop/ computer could be logical or physical failure, malwares, viruses etc. So, once you have identified data loss issues, immediately arrange for data recover services. It is advisable not to try to fix the issues yourself and seek services of professionals as you would never the data to become inaccessible, permanently.
- Hard DiskDrive–In the event of damaged or unresponsive hard drive. Experts can help you retrieve data from both external and internal hard drives.
- Server Data – Usually a substantial amount of data is stored through servers. For big businesses, it offers an ease of critical data storage and retrieval in a secure manner. You may solicit professional help depending on the server brand (UNIX, LINUX, Windows) or type of recovery service (SQL server recovery) required.
- SSD Data –Solid State Drives (SSD), for being faster and havinghigher storage capacity and durability, are preferred over the Hard Disk Drivers (HDD). However, at times you may experience SSD failure due to system area corruption or electronics component malfunction.
- Storage Box Data –Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) storage boxes offer an efficient and secure data storage options. Any sudden failure of storage boxes can put entire enterprise’s existence on stake for data loss. Specialized data recovery companies offer their services for data recovery from these storage boxes.
- Files Data – In case of inaccessibility of database, Oracle/ SQL, MySQL, dBase, FoxPro, your business operation can come to a grinding halt as these databasesare client database.
It is always good to have an in-house team of IT expertsto initiate a data recovery process, so that necessary steps for data restoration are taken without any further delays.